Thursday, July 10, 2014

Are we the endangered species?

Am sitted next to this man in a public matatu. The radio is on, there is a certain show going on. One who is supossedly supposed to be looking for a lover is supposed to phone(forgive my twist of language). Then, on air the host asks of his or her traits. And asks for an elligible patner to call up for a hook up. So this lady gets on air. As easily predictable she goes ahead to describe her self. I cant help but smile as she describes herself in a vague manner. For a time I start doubting she will get any lucky. But, who knows? I bet there is a man out there as desperate as she is. On a second thought...maybe not.
So somehow my seat companion notices my smile and doesn't hesitate to start the conversation.
"You people are luky"
"Why?" I ask. His comment completely catches me offguard.
"You know during our time there were not as many girls..."
"...Girls ussually played very hard to get..." he continues. At this point I have no idea what he expects me to comment, so I keep silent.
"But you know the ones that want you arent the ones you want..." I finnaly say not aware if it was the right thing to do.
As I alight at the next stop I leave wondering. Was there a truth in his statement and was there to be more insidences of women looking for men instead of the opposite. May be its true after all...men are an endangered species

No comments: