Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Do Not Call Me By Name

     Happy new year my most esteemed readers. It's that time of the year again where we get to go on and about our so called new year resolutions that don't even get to see the end of the month. Not to worry,  av got one silent God given resolution that you've kept year in year out.
     So, still talking about resolutions.  Do you remember the day you were born? Silly me! ofcourse not. I will tell you one other thing you were not aware of,  that from that day you passed a resolution that the two people that made you and we're probably smiling their faces out the day you came into this world, will always remain special to your heart and you will never call them by name.
     If there is one person that I have never and will probably never call by name is my mother.  The very idea is just absurd and weird.  For instance imagine your dad's name is Chris,  you are at the dinner table,  you need him to pass you the salt. Would you call out?
     "Hey Chris,  can you pass me the salt"
It's just weird, and unheard of, it would probably lead you into trouble.  It doesn't mean that that's not his name,  it just means that your relationship is beyond official.
      So here is my point. I want to believe if you are curious enough to read this article you must have a special someone somewhere. I am not sure what his or her name is but one thing am sure is that you have called them one of these...
    Babe-If she is sexy. Boo-If you find her sexy. Pumpkin- As she is bright and sweet. Cupcake- If she is sweet and yummy. Lemon- If she adds something new and exciting to your life. Booboo-if he kisses all your Booboos better... And for those who watch telenovelas-Mi Amor, sweetheart, darling, Bae... 
      Basically the list is endless, we can go on and on. Mine also has a special one just for me... Want to hear it?  Well,  if I tell you guys it won't be so special  after all.
       My question is,  if you have an endless list of names you can call that special someone to make them feel even more special,  why ruin it by calling them by their names.? Like my earlier example it's just weird and absurd.
      I will give you a short story of mine. Am walking to school one morning and I notice Bae in front of me about 100m or so.  So I could shout to her or blow a whistle at her,  but that's degrading and disrespectful,  and I also could call her by name, but it would just come out wrong.  So what do I do? ... I bolt as fast as I can until am close enough to whisper "babe".  And she says
     "Why did you have to run?,  why not just call out?"
      "And call you babe in public in front of all these people?"

Sure enough most would have just used the name as the safer option which doesn't involve 'burning some calories'.
So guys let's be romantic and drop those funny names, unless, her name is such as, Rose, Melody, Daisy,  Angel or CINDERELLA.
Therefore I hereby declare 2017 a year of sweet names. And am giving you a new years resolution please do not call him or her by name.

LOVEBIRDS FLY AWAY!

No comments: